Aircraft Structure Design, Fatigue and Fracture
Structure Design and Analysis
Fatigue, Damage, Fracture
Ph.D., Seoul National University, Korea, 1992
1. Kim, W.D., " Composite Patching Technique on Aging Aircraft," 25th Symposium for Composite Materials of JSCM, pp.93-94, October, 2000
2. Kim, W.D. Kim,N.H. and Sun, C.T., " Reduction of Thermal residual stress in Composite Patch," ICCM 13, June, 2001
3. Shin, H., Lee, C.S., Kim, S.J., and Kim, W.D., " Three Dimensional Stress Analysis of Composite Wavy-Lap Joint", ICCM 13, June, 2001
4. Kim, W.D. and Yang, S.H., "Thermal Residual Stress Analysis of Fiber Reinforced Metal Laminate", Korea-France Joint conference on A/C Design, pp.40, 2002
5. Kim, W.D., Kang, B.J., Park, I.K., Lee, C.J., and Lee, C.J., "A study on Presiction of Fatigue-Life in Consider of Corrosion", Conference of KSAS, 2004
6. Kim, J. H., Kim, S. J., and Kim, W. D., "Numerical Simulation of Ductile Frature based on Local Approach Concept," ASCE, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 125, Issue 8, pp. 975-978, 1999.
7. Kim, S. J., Cho, J. Y., and Kim, W. D., "From the Trapezoidal Rule to Higher Oder Accurate and Unconditionally Stable Time Integration Method for Structural Dynamics", Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 149, No. 1-4, pp. 73-88, 1997.
8. Kim, J. H., Kim, S. J., and Kim, W. D., "A Finite Element Analysis of Damage Propagation during Metal Forming Process," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 915-931, 1995.
9. Kim, S. J., Kim, W. D., and Goo, N. S., "Identification of Nonlinear Membership Function for Failure of Structual Material and Its Application to Structual Optimization," International Journal for Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 66, pp. 15-23, 1994.
Associate Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea (1994-Present)
Visiting Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University, U.S.A. (2004-Present)
Visiting Professor, Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Purdue University, U.S.A. (1998-1999)
Professional Societies & Activities
Regular Member, KSAS
Honors and Awards
International Joint Research & Activities